Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Book: Greek Princesses

A new book, which was sent to us by a subscriber in Greece, deals with the lives of several Greek princesses, daughters-in-law and granddaughters of King George I of the Hellenes.

I have a copy of the cover, the book is yet to arrive. I know it is only available in Greek, but am hoping that it at least has lovely photos inside.

The women of the Greek royal family have always been a fantastic group of people. As friend of many of the descendants of King George's Greek granddaughters, I have always wanted to write a group biography of these ladies: Queen Mother Helen of Romania, the Duchess of Aosta, Lady Katerine Brandram, Princess Eugenie of Greece, Princess Paul of Yugoslavia, Countess Elisabeth zu Toerring-Jettenbach, The Duchess of Kent, Fürstin Margarita zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg, Margravine Theodora of Baden, Hereditary Grand Duchess Cecilie of Hesse and by Rhine and Princess Sophie of Hannover.

Perhaps this new book can encourage me to get mine done!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me won't to learn how to read Greek. No mention of the Russian grand-daughters of King George I.
    Arturo, I have said it once before either you or Marlene need to do a book on all these women.
    Your family is growing by leaps & bounds, however will you find the time. :)
    I have faith in you, that you will pull off the untaking.

    ReplyDelete